Ruth Slagle Crawford Scholarship in honor of Ruth Slagle Crawford’s parents
The Ruth Slagle Crawford Scholarship is awarded annually to one Madeira High School Graduate who is in need of financial assistance to pursue their higher education.
This scholarship is named in honor of Ruth Slagle Crawfords parents Mr. and Mrs. W.C. Crawford, who were long time teachers and placed great value in education. This prestigious scholarship is awarded in their memory each year in September or October to a recent Madeira High School Graduate.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
Must be a graduate of Madeira High School.
- Is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited institution.
- Has attended college for at least one year and has earned the equivalent of a year’s worth of college credits.
- Has financial need and is contributing to their college costs via employment and/or loans.
- Has demonstrated success in college attaining a 2.5 or above GPA.
- Has demonstrated a strong work ethic and determination to succeed via employment and/or significant volunteer activity.
Click the application below to complete and submit with each of the following requirements:
- College transcript of courses completed. Must be currently enrolled for the 2019-2020 school year and demonstrate completion of the equivalent of a year’s worth of college credits.
- An essay 1-2 pages in length that demonstrates how the student is succeeding in college via his/her personal drive and strong work ethic; and how he/she is financially supporting his/her education via employment.
- Financial Information Sheets Parts 1 and 2 included within this application.
- letter must be from a college professor or advisor and one from an employer/supervisor.
Please mail to: Madeira Schools Foundation, 7465 Loannes Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications must be received no later than September 20, 2019.
Application deadline is September 20, 2019.